[cfe-dev] How to find out name of variable of a given DeclStmt

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Fri Dec 21 09:15:36 PST 2012

Hi, Fritz. A DeclStmt can have more than one Decl in it...

int a, *b, c = 3;

...so you'll have to iterate over the Decls within it using decl_begin() and decl_end(). And since not all Decls have names, you'll then have to dyn_cast* each one to a NamedDecl before printing any names.

*It's possible that all Decls found in a DeclStmt will have names, in which case you can just use the asserting 'cast' instead of 'dyn_cast'.

Hope that helps,
Jordan