[cfe-dev] Way to disable sanitize checks locally

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Dec 14 08:43:07 PST 2012

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 19:25:56 -0800, Richard Smith said:

>We already have the -fsanitize-blacklist= option to specify a
>blacklist file.

Oh?  No doubt it's quite new, but might I suggest describing it here:
<http://clang.llvm.org/docs/UsersManual.html#controlling-code-generation>

>Currently, it's only used by ASan, but we should try
>to extend the same mechanism to the other sanitizers before inventing
>something else.

That would be great.  I've already hit two OS X bugs with ubsan, being able to suppress them would allow me to turn -fsanitize=alignment back on in various buildbots I maintain.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com