[cfe-dev] Build clang for Eclipse CDT using CMake

Nikola Smiljanic popizdeh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 02:31:40 PST 2012

These are my instructions from when I last tried using it. They might
be outdated (feel free to use the latest software versions) but I
think you can get the basic idea.

MinGW installed at C:\MinGW (version 4.6.1)
Qt Creator 2.4.0
CMake 2.8.6

Go to Options -> Build & Run -> General tab -> uncheck both "always
build project before deploying it" and "always deploy project before
running it" (make runs before each debugging session if these are left
on, very annoying), on the CMake tab set the path to cmake.exe

Qt Creator -> Open project -> select CMakeLists.txt from the llvm directory
Select your MinGW generator in the dialog
add "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug" as an argument (this effectively
creates a Debug configuration that actually works, breakpoints and
stuff)
press "run CMake" -> Finish

Now select clang as your startup project in the lower left corner.