[cfe-dev] What is the status of clang-based service architecture?

Manuel Klimek klimek at google.com
Fri Dec 7 00:44:19 PST 2012

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 6:30 PM, Kosztka Imre Dávid <kosztkaid at gmail.com>wrote:

> :(
>
> Best idea ever! I would like to contribute to it. Who else is interested?

The first step is to make clang (more) thread-safe:
For example, the file interface is not thread-safe; this requires changes
to the file system / path interface to allow keeping state of the working
directory, and doing all relative file operations based on that state (on
unix fd* versions of the unix file api). This requires an objectification
of the file interface first, which requires some more design work.

Chandler & Matt will be able to chime in with more.

Cheers,
/Manuel