[cfe-dev] [review request for libcxxabi] fix cxa_demangle.cpp to compile with gcc 4.6

Malea, Daniel daniel.malea at intel.com
Mon Dec 3 16:08:44 PST 2012

Hi,

I noticed cxa_demangle.cpp was fixed to compile with gcc (4.2) back in r164405 by renaming the class '__lambda' to '__lambda_node'. Unfortunately, it looks like newer GCC versions are even more picky about class names! The build is broken again with gcc 4.6 due to an ICE:

cxa_demangle.cpp:3944:7: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

Looks like newer versions of GCC crash when "__lambda_node" is used as a class name (in addition to crashing with "__lambda").

Anyways, I am able to work around the error with the attached patch that prepends an underscore; would it be OK to commit it to libcxxabi, and then to lldb soon thereafter? My intention is to make the linux lldb buildbot green.

Thanks,
Dan