[cfe-dev] Bug 13699 - Types unexpectedly lose visibility. This is happening when using iterators.

Francisco Lopes francisco.mailing.lists at oblita.com
Fri Aug 31 23:37:33 PDT 2012

Digging the __wrap_iter I've reduced it to a problem of weird behavior.
If I put a header file, like dummy.h for example, inside
/usr/local/lib/c++/v1,
which is a default search location for standard headers files by the Clang
compiler, and it's where libc++ lives at my system, with the following
content:

namespace std
{
    struct __X{};
}

std::__X is not given for completion of std::

If I change the contents of dummy.h to

namespace std
{
    struct X{};
}

std::X is given for completion of std::

Now, if I put this dummy.h file with the first __X in a directory different
from libc++ headers location, I've tested putting it besides my test.cpp
file,
then __X shows up for completion of std:: !