[cfe-dev] invoking clang lexer + parser only

Ali Javadi aj14889 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 06:13:02 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I am writing a syntax checker for a new language using the clang front-end. I have added some keywords and some grammar rules, but I don't know how to invoke the tools down to the level of parsing only. I am merely interested in checking the correctness of syntax at the moment.

I tried ParseAST(), but that returns a NULL pointer for the new type definitions, since their semantics are not defined. What other option do I have?

I would appreciate your kind help.

Ali