[cfe-dev] Introduce the -f[no-]address-sanitizer-dynamic-runtime option

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Fri Aug 24 07:38:13 PDT 2012

Hi Alex,

I don't really see why we need a separate flag from -faddress-sanitizer.  On OS X, our only real long-term solution is to use the dynamic runtime.  While it's a great hack, the mach_override solution is just not a viable solution for the OS X security model.  At least with the dylib solution, we're far more likely to get it to work with OS X sandboxing.

I'm fine with having a separate flag for the purpose of staging implementations, but I don't see value in having users having to know about -faddress-sanitizer and -faddress-sanitizer-dynamic-runtime, and I don't see a reason why users would want to disable using the .dylib solution on OS X.

What do you think?
Ted