[cfe-dev] [libcxxabi]: undefined reference to 'typeinfo for void'

John McCall rjmccall at apple.com
Tue Aug 21 20:56:46 PDT 2012

On Aug 21, 2012, at 8:04 PM, soaliap wrote:
> Eli Friedman wrote
>> libc++abi is supposed to define _ZTIv itself; what compiler are you using?
>
> Thanks, Eli.
> The complier I used is FCC, which belongs to Fujitsu.
> I tried building libc++abi with clang++, and I found that there are some
> symbols like _ZTIv, _ZTIi in libc++abi.so.
> Would you tell me where or how libc++abi notifying complier to define _ZTIv?

I would suggest just building clang with FCC, then using clang to build
everything else you need.

If you really want to compile libc++abi with your system compiler,
the results may not interoperate correctly with programs compiled with
clang.  It looks like FCC is the Lahey C++ compiler;  I don't know what
C++ ABI that uses.

John.