[cfe-dev] GCC 4.7.2 will have Win64 SEH (by default)

Ruben Van Boxem vanboxem.ruben at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 06:46:20 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have just been made aware that GCC 4.7.2 and later will use SEH by
default on Win64:

I would like to inquire as to possibility of this being implemented in
Clang/LLVM. As this type of exception handling is much closer to the
classic Dwarf model currently used, I hope it won't be too difficult to
implement this in Clang? Remember that Win64 EH is broken right now, so any
improvement is the right improvement ;-)

For 32-bit dw2 eh already works well, and in light of the misty Borland
patents will probably remain the only option for a while.

Thanks!

Ruben

PS: please also reply to my email address, as I'm not subscribed to cfe-dev