[cfe-dev] clang and scan-build help?

Plank, Stefan stefan.plank at siemens-enterprise.com
Thu Apr 19 22:56:53 PDT 2012

Hello,

I found the hint t email to this email list and hopefully you can help me, because I don't know what is going wrong.
All seems good but no defekts are found and logged.
Just trying to use clang as valgrind alternative and scan-build for static code analysis together.

This I have done:

I checked out llvm, clang and compiler-rt and updated it with make update.

Then I did
        mkdir build
        (cd build && ../configure --enable-optimized && make -j 10 && make install)

After this I copied all files from
        /root/svn/llvm/tools/clang/tools/scan-build
        /usr/local/bin
where the installed files from clang are.

My linux kernel version is 3.3.2.1 und the llvm revision is 154805

I did a maven profile using clang and scan-build

But on screen every time this message is logged:

[exec] -- The C compiler identification is GNU
[exec] -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
[exec] -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/local/bin/clang
[exec] -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/local/bin/clang -- works
[exec] -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
[exec] -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
[exec] -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/local/bin/clang++
[exec] -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/local/bin/clang++ -- works
[exec] -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
[exec] -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
[exec] -- Configuring done
[exec] -- Generating done
[exec] -- Build files have been written to: /root/svn/ims_main/media_server/src/ims/native/tests/NetSniffer/target/RelWithDebInfo-x86_64
[exec] scan-build: Emitting reports for this run to '/tmp/scan-build-2012-04-16-1'.
[exec] Scanning dependencies of target sniffer
[exec] [ 25%] [ 50%] [ 75%] [100%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/sniffer.dir/src/Filter.cpp.o
[exec] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/sniffer.dir/src/Sniffer.cpp.o
[exec] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/sniffer.dir/src/common.cpp.o
[exec] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/sniffer.dir/src/main.cpp.o
[exec] Linking CXX executable sniffer
[exec] [100%] Built target sniffer
[exec] scan-build: Removing directory '/tmp/scan-build-2012-04-16-1' because it contains no reports.

Even if there are placed errors no report is done?
Can you tell me my mistake and what I have done wrong?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards,
Stefan Plank
Entwicklungsingenieur

Siemens Enterprise Communications GmbH & Co. KG
Hofmannstr. 51
80200 München
Tel.: +49 89 7007-32410
Fax: +49 89 7007-31675
mailto:stefan.plank at siemens-enterprise.com

Communication for the open minded
www.siemens-enterprise.de<http://www.siemens-enterprise.de/>

Siemens Enterprise Communications GmbH & Co. KG; Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht: München, HRA 88546; WEEE-Reg.Nr. DE 27980375; Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: Siemens Enterprise Communications Management GmbH; Geschäftsführer: Alexander Frick, Thomas Heim, Martin Kinne , Vera Meyer; Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Mark Stone;
Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht: München, HRB 163415

Siemens Enterprise Communications GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG
Wichtiger Hinweis: Diese E-Mail und etwaige Anlagen enthalten firmenvertrauliche Informationen. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, benachrichtigen Sie uns bitte durch Antwort-Mail und löschen Sie diese E-Mail nebst Anlagen von Ihrem System. Vielen Dank.