[cfe-dev] "static" array type derivation

Russell Harmon russ at eatnumber1.com
Wed Apr 18 16:09:58 PDT 2012

In the C standard section 6.7.5 point 7, it is stated that I can specify a
type qualifier of "static" within the [ and ] of a function argument, the
array provided upon every invocation of that function will be at least the
size specified. I take this to mean that I can provide a minimum size
(implying non-null) for a function argument, but my test code here
https://gist.github.com/2417153 seems to indicate that although accepted,
there is no enforcement of this in clang. Is my interpretation of the C
standard correct? If so, is there plans to add some (limited) compile-time
checking of this?
--
Russell Harmon