[cfe-dev] patch for clang's stdint.h to make it compile with -Werror

James Molloy james.molloy at arm.com
Wed Apr 11 02:48:34 PDT 2012

Hi,

He's right, stdint.h does generate a load of warnings, but these are
normally surpressed as the driver includes it with -isystem instead of -I.

Berkus, try using -isystem to include clang system headers. There are other
headers as well that are expected to generate warnings as they work around
platform specific issues (they generate warnings so user code doesn't have
to ;) ), and for that reason Clang surpresses most (not all, I don't think)
warnings from them.

Also, are you using a custom, hobby OS by any chance? (Just guessing by your
name I think you're someone I recognise).

Cheers,

James