[cfe-dev] Adding a CFG node for the allocation call in a new-expression

Jordan Rose jediknil at belkadan.com
Fri Apr 6 10:47:08 PDT 2012

On Apr 5, 2012, at 6:12, Tom Care wrote:

> Another thing that Ted, Zhongxing and I discussed off-list was making a new memory region type specifically for C++ allocated memory regions. We don't currently have anything that completely matches the model (typed, system allocated, independent.) I've been using a hacked together version of this to help detect mismatched (de)allocations involving new/delete.

I've looked at this a little, too; it'd be nice to consider malloc() regions to be known-heap regions. Part of the problem is that we can't have a symbol associated with a region /and/ store information about the region. Figuring out a way to support conjured regions with known super-regions, and/or associate non-conjured regions with symbols might turn out to be a good general solution.

(Just throwing ideas out, haven't thought it all the way through.)

Jordy