[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] Potential Google Summer of Code Applicant

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 14:32:11 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Jim Grosbach <grosbach at apple.com> wrote:

> On Apr 2, 2012, at 3:07 AM, Anton Korobeynikov <anton at korobeynikov.info> wrote:
>
>>> Ah OK. I would have loved to have such a tool, but as a non-clang
>>> expert, I can obviously not judge if it is suited. Maybe you are aware
>>> of other projects suitable for GSoC,
>> But still many things in "Use clang libraries to implement better
>> versions of existing tools" are doable as it seems to me. E.g. delta
>> replacement based on clang.
>>

> +1 as a would-be user of a tool like that.

Actually John Regehr & others have implemented something like this
called CReduce ( https://github.com/csmith-project/creduce ). It's
still a little limited in its C++ transformation abilities but seems
to provide a fairly extensible foundation & is already proving quite
useful. I'm not sure whether there's sufficient meat in there for a
GSoC project to improve CReduce's abilities in C++ (or other
dimensions) - but there's certainly some open work there, it seems.

- David