[cfe-dev] precise double rewrite patch

Olaf Krzikalla Olaf.Krzikalla at tu-dresden.de
Fri Sep 30 02:17:16 PDT 2011

Hi @clang,

the attached patch increases the precision of the FloatingLiteral
rewrite significantly. With the patch sometimes the output is no longer
"pretty". However it is always precise. Before the change I had serious
trouble with rounding errors.
I hope the proposed approach is considered better than the old one. Of
course it might be possible to make it sometimes much prettier while not
loosing too much precision but I'm not sure how exactly (what is the
definition of "loosing too much precision") and whether it is worth the
effort.

Best regards
Olaf Krzikalla