[cfe-dev] Proposal: parsing Qt signals/slots with attributes

Joshua Cranmer Pidgeot18 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 09:16:32 PDT 2011

On 9/29/2011 9:26 AM, Erik Verbruggen wrote:
> 2) implement GCC's user attributes:
>  __attribute__((user("your_funky_attribute")))
>    - pro: more GCC compatibility, also useful for projects already
> using it (i.e. Mozilla)
>    - con: would need significantly more work than the other routes
>    - con: very GCC and very non standard, possibly obsoleted by:

I should clarify something here, since I did some more research after I
mentioned this on IRC. It turns out that what gcc specifically does is
allow plugins to register attributes; the dehydra plugin registers a
functional attribute called `user'. When this plugin is not enabled for
GCC, it still produces legal code, although it produces a warning.

--
Joshua Cranmer
News submodule owner