[cfe-dev] Proposal: parsing Qt signals/slots with attributes

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Thu Sep 29 00:45:18 PDT 2011

29.09.2011, 05:09, "Ahmed Charles":
> And reclaiming signals and slots (along with foreach/emit/etc.) Isn't really possibly unless all compiles have them be context sensitive keywords, which is ultimately unlikely.

There's no real need to reclaim foreach, and emit is expanded into empty space, so reclaiming it won't  hurt anyone. As for signals, slots, and other Q_PROPERT'ies, I think it's also safe to interpret them Qt-specifically for classes which inherit QObject. Other compilers will rely on moc-generated code, and everything can work the same way in both cases.

If you are still worried about breaking code which has nothing to do with Qt, this functionality could be made optional via compiler flag or plugin.

--
Regards,
Konstantin