[cfe-dev] Libc++ Windows Semi-analyzed test results

David Chisnall csdavec at swan.ac.uk
Wed Sep 28 15:15:12 PDT 2011

On 28 Sep 2011, at 21:04, Ruben Van Boxem wrote:

> The reason I like that the macro is defined, is that things like the uchar.h header can use it to see if char16_t/char32_t are builting types, or if it is safe/better to typedef them. This is impossible with GCC, which made the required ifdef... very lengthy.

Other system headers also use this macro to expose C99 functions in C++ mode.  If you're compiling in C++98 mode, C99 stuff is all hidden.  If you're compiling in C++11 mode, it should be visible.  This doesn't depend on any features of the compiler beyond C99 support, but it does depend on the language dialect that the programmer selected.

David