[cfe-dev] What is status of libc++ on Linux?

Sean Hunt scshunt at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Sep 26 09:25:06 PDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 12:15, Howard Hinnant <hhinnant at apple.com> wrote:
> On Sep 26, 2011, at 12:07 PM, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
>

>> 26.09.2011, 19:48, "Howard Hinnant" <hhinnant at apple.com>:
>>> with -std=c++0x -stdlib=libc++
>>
>> Should I build with libstdc++ on Linux, or link it to libcxxrt?
>
> I'm afraid I don't have a good answer for you.  About 7 months ago there was work to port libc++ to Linux but I am unsure of the current status of that work.  The work that was done was mostly in the <locale> header.
>
> Howard

Linking against libstdc++ should work, but you'll need to comment some
code out of exception.cpp due to multiple definition errors (there's
not quite agreement as to what goes into the ABI and what doesn't;
libc++ puts some things into the std namespace that probably should be
a part of libc++abi).

Sean