[cfe-dev] Proposal: parsing Qt signals/slots with attributes

Miles Bader miles at gnu.org
Sun Sep 25 17:33:53 PDT 2011

Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru>
writes:
>> I would like to add support for recognising Qt's signal/slot
>> mechanism to clang by using attributes. For that, I have a proposal
>> for a few small changes to the clang parser. These changes use the
>> attributes to mark AST nodes as signal/slot/invokable, and expose
>> those attributes through libclang.
>
> Could anybody review this patch? It's very important for Qt community.

It seems pretty weird to add special support for a specific GUI library
to clang.

Wouldn't some sort of generic mechanism be more desirable?

[Why is it "very important for Qt community" BTW?  Surely they've gotten
along for many years without this support...]

-Miles

--
.Numeric stability is probably not all that important when you're guessing.