[cfe-dev] scan-build gcc make weirdness

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Sun Sep 18 15:56:29 PDT 2011

GCC bootstrap builds itself by first being built with the host compiler, then building itself with itself.  The compiler used in the second part, xgcc, is the product of the first phase.

Everything is fine.  All the code you want to analyze is analyzed in the first phase, even though xgcc is used for the later part of the build.