[cfe-dev] Link error in clang but not g++

Holger Brandsmeier holger.brandsmeier at sam.math.ethz.ch
Wed Sep 14 12:15:32 PDT 2011

Eli,

I tried to replace the linker with g++, but no success.

Out of the three steps:
 1) build quadratureRulesPy.cpp
 2) quadraturePy.cpp
 3) link

I need to use g++ for step 1) (which creates the symbol
parfem::QuadratureRules<double, 0>::QuadratureRules).

I can then use clang for steps 2 and/or 3 which works nicely. If I use
clang for step 1 then I always end up with the reported error.

-Holger