[cfe-dev] Passing Arguments to Back-End

Justin Holewinski justin.holewinski at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 06:44:46 PDT 2011

Using Clang, is there any way to specify -mcpu and -mattr options for the
back-end?  I am using -ccc-host-triple to force the triple to ptx32--.  I
have tried -mcpu and -mtarget with Clang, but I just get the "argument
unused during compilation" warning.

For context, my back-end supports -mattr=+double.  I can pass this argument
to llc.  Is there a command-line option in Clang to pass this along to the
back-end?  I know I can use -emit-llvm and then invoke llc manually, but I
would like to let Clang handle this, if possible.

--

Thanks,

Justin Holewinski