[cfe-dev] clang/llvm issue with compiling gcc

John Smith lbalbalba at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 12:25:42 PDT 2011

Hi,

Im trying to run scan-build on GCC 4.5.3, and im running into the
following problem: Somewhere during the compilation, the process seems
to stall/freeze/hang/loop... whatever it's doing, it's not progressing
anymore.

Im running into this issue using clang version 3.0 trunk 139148. I
didnt run into this problem when compiling the same version of gcc on
the same system when using either gcc (4.5.1), or an earlier version
of clang: v3.0 trunk rev. 131083 (or slightly earlier, dont have the
exact version). I didnt run into this issue when I ran with the same
version of scan-build on other c programs (yet ?) on the same system.
It doesnt seem to be a disk/cpu/ram shortage issue.

According to 'top', 'clang' is eating up most of my cpu, but when
running strace on the pid, I get no output whatsoever. When running
strace on the 7 PID's running 'ccc-analyzer', most seem to be in
either 'wait' or 'waitpid'. Except for the ccc-analyzer that produced
the last output on my screen, wich seems to be stuck in 'read'. The 2
PID's of 'make' seem to be in wait and waitpid as well.

I have no idea on how to start with problemshooting here. Any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

John Smith.