[cfe-dev] using ASTWriter

Mark Brown mbrowncu98 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 05:59:34 PDT 2011

I'm finding this class to be a bit confusing.

The constructor requires llvm::BitstreamWriter &Stream, which makes sense,
that is the output I want. But the constructor for the BitstreamWriter
requires std::vector< unsigned char > &O. What is this? I was expecting only
a filename or some kind of file object. I also cant seem to dig up a example
of using a BitstreamWriter to see its use. Is there more to it?

After the ASTWriter is created, would I only have to call its WriteAST()
method to have a complete IR dump of my modified(in a plugin) AST?

Thank you