[cfe-dev] RFC: Upcoming Build System Changes

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Sun Oct 30 19:25:25 PDT 2011

Óscar Fuentes <ofv at wanadoo.es> writes:

>>> Do we need them?
>>
>> No, but I like having more flexibility.
>
> I recall a discussion on the cmake ml about adding support for one of
> those tools (can't say which.) At then end, if a build tool is popular
> enough it will gain support from cmake.

FWIW, there are reports on the CMake ml about using a Ninja CMake
generator for building LLVM/Clang, with successful results:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.user/38101

CMake maintainers are enthusiastic about adding the Ninja generator as
soon as it is mature enough (passes all test cases, etc.)