[cfe-dev] LLVM 3.0rc1 Testing Begins!

M.E. O'Neill oneill at cs.hmc.edu
Tue Oct 18 11:57:10 PDT 2011

Bill,

Although it shouldn't be a roadblock to seasoned testers, I note that in the llvm tarball, tools/clang is a symlink to

	/Volumes/Sandbox/llvm/3.0-release/rc1/cfe.src

whereas it should probably be a symlink to clang-3.0rc1 since that's what the clang tarball unpacks to.

In general, if you want a wider audience than folks who regularly build from Subversion to build it, it would probably be a good idea to stick a README in http://llvm.org/pre-releases/3.0/ telling people how to build it.

Also, do we want people to be testing libc++ too?  Likewise lldb?

    M.E.O.