[cfe-dev] Problem building Clang in Eclipse

Rahul Purandare rahulp2506 at aol.com
Tue Oct 11 14:52:59 PDT 2011

Thanks all who offered their suggestions.

I'm still working on this issue but may simply use vim eventually.

Rahul

>> Eclipse builds the project (llvm) successfully as I receive no

>> compilation or link errors and I see executables including "clang" in

>> directory bin under build. However, when I open any source file, such

>> as CFG.cpp, Eclipse shows numerous compilation errors related to

>> unresolved symbols. I am wondering if I have missed something in the

>> steps. Could you please help me?

> I see the same thing in the Windows version of Eclipse-CDT. I think this

> is because LLVM+clang relies heavily on TableGen generated files, which

> include #defines that the Eclipse just doesn't understand. Maybe setting

> the appropiate include dirs may solve some of them.

In that case, you would have to add the TableGen runs to the project as

custom build steps (I forget what they are called in Eclipse), so the generated

include files exist. Then point Eclipse to the correct directory, and it should

pick them up.

Hope that helps,

Jonathan

cfe-dev at cs.uiuc.edu