[cfe-dev] [libc++] xlocale usage portability issues

aep aep at exys.org
Tue Oct 11 01:53:04 PDT 2011

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 12:59:37 -0400, Howard Hinnant wrote:

> I'm not sure why but I'm having trouble applying this patch:

yes may mail client line wrapped it :(
I attached it this time.

>> 2) The replacement of reinterpret to static cast is because in musl
>> they are both long, and clang doesn't like reinterpret_cast from long
>> to long.
>>   I'm unsure if that breaks something else.
>
> On OS X catopen() returns a pointer.  Perhaps a C-style cast is the
> way to go here.

I dunno, one line below those casts there is a static_cast anyway, so
i'd assume it's ok?

>> There is still two unclear parts here
>>
>> 1) I commented out some usings. I don't quite know what they are
>> supposed to do, but they break the build against musl.
>
> They are supposed to import symbols from the global namespace into
> namespace std (more below).

I'll analyze this later today as you suggested.
Although i still don't understand the point of importing from the
global namespace, as this should be imported anyway, right?

> Does __mask work for you instead?  And while you're at it can you
> prefix every local variable in here with "__"?

Yes. Of course.