[cfe-dev] paper about clang-based integer overflow detection

John Regehr regehr at cs.utah.edu
Fri Oct 7 13:04:31 PDT 2011

Some time ago I posted here a couple times about integer overflow
checking.  Since then we (at Utah) joined forces with Vikram Adve and
his student Will Dietz who are also looking at integer issues.  Between
the four of us we've done a lot of looking at and thinking about integer
overflow in C/C++, and have written up a paper containing some data and
observations.  Perhaps it'll be interesting to people here:

   http://www.cs.utah.edu/~regehr/papers/overflow12.pdf

We'd be happy to get any feedback.

Thanks,

John Regehr