[cfe-dev] Clang indexing library performance

Tobias Grosser tobias at grosser.es
Sat Oct 1 16:37:15 PDT 2011

On 10/01/2011 10:34 AM, Alexander Bolodurin wrote:
> I was playing with libclang-based indexing and clang_complete plugin for Vim.
> Having found completion responsiveness a bit lacking, I decided to track down whether it's plugin's fault.

And regarding clang_complete itself:

There are definitely some remaining performance problems in
clang_complete itself. Try the attached two patches and check if you see
some improvements.

You can get timing information in the status row, by setting
'g:clang_debug' to 1.

Can you report the timing for clang_complete, before and after these
patches. It should have improved significantly.

Furthermore, if there is a large number of suggested completions
clang_complete may take significant time to format them. This definitely
could need some improvements too.

Cheers
Tobi