[cfe-dev] Building libc++ on Lion

Matthew Abbott abbottmg at me.com
Wed Nov 16 19:31:39 PST 2011

Hi all,

I grabbed the svn of libc++ and followed the instructions on the Getting Started page on my build of Mac OS 10.7, including grabbing the ABI header and dylib file. When I run ./buildit, however, I get the following linker error at the final step:

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
  "__ZTIDi", referenced from:
     -reexported_symbols_list command line option
  "__ZTIDn", referenced from:
     -reexported_symbols_list command line option
  "__ZTIDs", referenced from:
     -reexported_symbols_list command line option
  "__ZTIPDi", referenced from:
     -reexported_symbols_list command line option
  "__ZTIPDn", referenced from:
     -reexported_symbols_list command line option
  "__ZTIPDs", referenced from:
     -reexported_symbols_list command line option
  "__ZTIPKDi", referenced from:
     -reexported_symbols_list command line option
  "__ZTIPKDn", referenced from:
     -reexported_symbols_list command line option
  "__ZTIPKDs", referenced from:
     -reexported_symbols_list command line option
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386

It looks like it produces the dylib file even with this error, but when I run test/testit, I fail a much larger number of tests than I assume I should, given the completeness graph on the project page. I'm not hugely familiar with all of these compiler options, so before I start investigating, I was wondering if this is something people have been running into. I've only been subscribed to the mailing list for a couple weeks, so I apologize if this is a worn out topic--my attempts at google searches have not turned up anything.

Thanks for your help,

Matt Abbott