[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] Dev Meeting: Volunteer Moderators Needed!

Joe Abbey jabbey at arxan.com
Tue Nov 15 19:29:42 PST 2011

Sure I'm willing to serve as moderator.

I'll be at

LLVM MC in Practice

Using clang in the Chromium Project.

Backend super BoF

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 15, 2011, at 9:05 PM, Tanya Lattner <lattner at apple.com<mailto:lattner at apple.com>> wrote:

We are in desperate need of volunteers to moderate the sessions during the LLVM Developers Meeting. If you are attending and can act as moderator for a group of talks, please let us know.

We need 5 more volunteers to moderate the following sessions. Please note your first choice session to moderate and your second choice:

Session #1 (11:05-12:35):
Integrating LLVM into FreeBSD: Brooks Davis – The FreeBSD Project
DXR: Semantic Code Browsing with Clang: Joshua Cranmer – Mozilla

Session #2 (11:05-12:35):
Porting LLVM to a Next Generation DSP: Taylor Simpson – QulC
LLVM MC In Practice: Jim Grosbach – Apple, Owen Anderson – Apple

Session #3: (1:35-3:05):
Using Clang in the Chromium project: Nico Weber, Hans Wennborg – Google
Android Renderscript: Stephen Hines – Google

Session #4 (1:35-3:05):
Polly - First successful optimizations —How to Proceed?: Tobias Grosser – ENS/INRIA
SKIR: Just-in-Time Compilation for Parrallelism with LLVM: Jeff Fifield – University of Colorado

Session #5: (3:45-6:00):
Exporting 3D scenes from Maya to WebGL using clang and LLVM: Jochen Wilhelmv – Consultant
Finding races and memory errors with LLVM instrumentation: Konstantin Serebrvanv – Google
Backend/Infrastructure Super BoF: Jim Grosbach – Apple

A moderator introduces the speakers, gives the speakers time cues to indicate how much time they have left, cuts the speaker off if they go over, and helps moderate the Q&A portion. If you are attending the talk anyways, its not much more work to moderate :)

We really appreciate the help. While we get sponsors to cover the cost of the meeting, we rely on volunteers to help make this event actually run smoothly.

Thanks,
Tanya