[cfe-dev] ARM cross fails after recent changes to clang in branch release_30

Sebastian Pop spop at codeaurora.org
Wed Nov 9 12:29:56 PST 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 1:58 PM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at google.com> wrote:
> Can you give any more details? Can you show the run of clang with '-v'
> passed where the headers fail to be found, and the paths you passed to that
> configure?

With clang on the release_30 branch configured with:

../configure --target=arm-none-linux-gnueabi --enable-targets=arm
--with-c-include-dirs=/y/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc/usr/include:/y/lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.5.2/include
--with-cxx-include-root=/y/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/include/c++/4.5.2
--with-cxx-include-arch=arm-none-linux-gnueabi

# cd /x/build/Debug+Asserts/bin
# clang -v foo.c
[...]
#include "..." search starts here:
End of search list.
/x/foo.c:1:10: fatal error: 'stdio.h' file not found
#include "stdio.h"
         ^
1 error generated.

After reverting the 30 patches and configuring with the same flags,
I get this:

# cd /x/build/Debug+Asserts/bin
# clang -v foo.c
[...]
#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:
 /usr/local/include
 /x/build/Debug+Asserts/bin/../lib/clang/3.0/include
 /y/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc/usr/include
 /y/lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.5.2/include
End of search list.
[...]
This then continues to the ARM assembler and finishes compilation fine.

> This isn't something obvious -- we are still pulling in the configure time
> C_INCLUDE_DIRS list into the header search, so something else is likely
> going wrong.

Yes, I put a breakpoint on the use of C_INCLUDE_DIRS and it never
stopped when I run clang as a driver or when running clang as cc1
compiler.

Let me know how I can continue to help to fix this.

Thanks,
Sebastian
--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc is a member of Code Aurora Forum