[cfe-dev] warning with conditional operator and printf, is this a bug ?

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 08:16:26 PDT 2011

> You're right that formally we have to do a promotion here.

Right, sorry - that's all I was getting at. After your reply I've not
made any claims as to what the static analyzer should do, just what's
happening at the language level. To make my point of view on that
clear: if you already have precedent for only finding actual bugs* (or
things that at least might exhibit observable behavior that would
differ from the user's intent), not logical errors, then this clearly
comes under that convention & is a false positive.

I was just trying to explain (perhaps poorly, I'm not sure) to Pasi
the language details going on in this instance.

- David