[cfe-dev] RFC: Clang driver redesign

Peter Collingbourne peter at pcc.me.uk
Fri Nov 4 11:29:43 PDT 2011

On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 12:42:49PM +0000, David Chisnall wrote:
> >From a user perspective, the command line should be simple.  Being able to easily add command line arguments that simply map to combinations of others would be a huge win for usability.  As a user, I want to be able to just say something like -target=touchpad and have it load touchpad.conf, which specifies all of the arguments for that specific cross-compile toolchain.

+1.  This would also be very useful for OpenCL C standard libraries
such as libclc which require a specific set of command line options
to be provided to the frontend.  Currently I have a shell script for
testing purposes which acts as a wrapper around the clang driver,
which I would ideally like to replace with some kind of driver
configuration file generated at compile time.

Thanks,
--
Peter