[cfe-dev] RFC: Clang driver redesign

James Molloy james.molloy at arm.com
Fri Nov 4 04:45:53 PDT 2011

Actually I'm not referring explicitly to Linux - the use case that springs
most to mind is our own, which is cross-compiling for baremetal ARM targets.

I have to use -ccc-host-triple arm-freebsd-eabi because otherwise the driver
attempts to autoconfigure from the host GCC (freebsd uses as and ld directly
and happens (!!) to default to looking in the current directory first).