[cfe-dev] RFC: Upcoming Build System Changes

Alek Paunov alex at declera.com
Tue Nov 1 14:58:56 PDT 2011

Hi David,

On 01.11.2011 21:26, David A. Greene wrote:
> No, not really.  They're completely different.  I much prefer Python
> over Perl.  Python is readable.

I know, since 1999 I personally never used Perl anymore (also I said IF
- fair enough, right?), but the emphasis of the discussion should not be
? vs Python (or other implementation details at this stage), but:

Would like the LLVM/Clang main contributors (aka the Compiler Guys) and
key-users prefer the clear SOURCE-CODE for building related knowledge,
expressed in independent and project-tailored DSL and therefore
translated and optimized for several BACKEND build systems (native or
not so), like the LLVM itself or not (e.g. because CMake + already
invested 7 KLOC are-at/can-be-enhanced-to sufficient level).

Kind Regards,
Alek