[cfe-dev] LLVM/Clang and setjmp/longjmp exception handling on MinGW

NAKAMURA Takumi geek4civic at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 06:01:25 PDT 2011

2011/11/1 Ruben Van Boxem <vanboxem.ruben at gmail.com>:
> GCC doesn't have any Dwarf exception handling on 64-bit Windows, due to it
> being either extremely hard or impossible to get right. I would like to get
> Clang to produce working exception code for Windows. The "right way" is
> patented (SEH), so pretty of limits to anyone not from MS (or Borland, the
> patent holder). I'm not trying to wake up this discussion again. I just want
> to enable/implement/fix sjlj exception handling for Windows, in hopefully a
> MinGW GCC compatible way.

As called the patent is Win32 x86 specific implementations, IANAL.

Charles Davis had been working on implementing x64 EH. I don't know
how they work.
Ruben, I suppose Kai has been working for x64 EH, right?
(it is dw2-like implementation, IIRC)

Anyway, would you like us to implement sjlj on win32 x86?

...IANAL