[cfe-dev] [Review Request] char16_t and char32_t character literals

Yusaku Shiga yusaku.shiga at gmail.com
Wed May 25 10:59:28 PDT 2011

Updating the patch because  I found a degradation in the previous patch that
failed warning check for multi char wchar literal.
Here is the test results of cfe/trunk revision 132053 and the patch.

unaju[512] llvm/utils/lit/lit.py -sv llvm/tools/clang/test
lit.py: lit.cfg:108: note: using out-of-tree build at
'/llvm/l2/bld/tools/clang'
lit.py: lit.cfg:143: note: using clang:
'/llvm/l2/bld/Debug+Asserts/bin/clang'
lit.py: main.py:298: warning: test suite 'Clang-Unit' contained no tests
Testing Time: 180.05s
  Expected Passes    : 3096
  Expected Failures  : 22

2011/5/25 Yusaku Shiga <yusaku.shiga at gmail.com>

> 2011/5/25 Yusaku Shiga <yusaku.shiga at gmail.com>
>
>> I updated the patch.
>>
>> The patch implements code conversion from UTF-8 to UTF16/UTF32 in
>> character literal.
>> The rest issue is to fixed array alignment issue reported. I'm investing
>> it.
>>

> I observed clang silently extends the alignment to 16byte if the array
> objects occupies 16bytes or more (on x86_64 target).
> I'll remove the alignment checks from my test cases.
>

> -----
Yusaku Shiga