[cfe-dev] Clang problems with Solaris and SPARC

Witold Sowa witold.sowa at gmail.com
Wed May 25 07:08:13 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to compile simple C++ code with Clang on Solaris OS and SPARC
target but I get an error I don't know how to fix:

$ ./clang ~/q.cpp
clang-2: warning: unknown platform, assuming -mfloat-abi=soft
error: error reading 'soft'
1 error generated.

Clang version is 2.9, it's compiled with gcc 4.6 and OS is

$ cat /etc/release
                       Solaris 10 5/08 s10s_u5wos_10 SPARC
           Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                             Assembled 24 March 2008

Do you have any idea what is causing that problem and how to solve it? If I
understand correctly Clang either have problems with recognizing that it is
running on Solaris/Sparc or support for hardware floating point operations
is not supported for that platform and clang tries to use some software
emulation. For some reason using that emulation failed too (error message)

I will appreciate any help.

Regards,
Witold Sowa