[cfe-dev] Cannot run clang regression tests with cmake

Manuel Klimek klimek at google.com
Thu May 19 20:57:34 PDT 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Óscar Fuentes <ofv at wanadoo.es> wrote:
> arrowdodger <6yearold at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Óscar Fuentes <ofv at wanadoo.es> wrote:
>>
>>> The name liblibclang is forced by an unfortunate collision between MS
>>> and GNU name conventions. We can't create clang.dll with MS since we
>>> already have clang.exe on the same directory (.pdb, .ilk and possibly
>>> other files collide) so we must use some other name for clang.dll, like
>>> libclang.dll. Then this produces liblibclang.so on GNU.
>>>

>> I've wanted to ask earleir, but forgot about it:
>> Why we can't produce libclang.dll on Win and clang.so on Unixies?
>
> For the resason explained on the text you didn't quote. The user would
> need to be aware of the difference and do:

Which user are you referring to? I would imagine 2 types of users, one
being the internal calls from the clang/llvm tree, and the other one
being users using an installed libclang. The internal users already
have clang/llvm specific calls. For the users using the installed
libclang I would imagine a FindLibClang.cmake module that gives a
variable that is correctly set for the platform the user is currently
on.

Cheers,
/Manuel