[cfe-dev] Howto extract C++ functions with Clang?

devel hevel devel.hevel at gmx.de
Fri May 13 08:45:53 PDT 2011

Hi guys,

I want to use Clang to extract all C++ function signatures, from a C++ header file and transfer it to a easy to parse/work format (the best would be XML or something [I knew about GCCXML but it does not help me because it could not manage namespaces]).

E.g. I have a function in my header file like:
int makeSometing(int a, int b);

now I want to run Clang and get a output file which I can simply parse to extract all function signatures.

Best regards, Devel