[cfe-dev] CodeGen and cleaning up initializers

Axel Naumann Axel.Naumann at cern.ch
Tue May 3 08:58:33 PDT 2011

Hi,

For our interpreter cling we do "incremental codegen": as C++ code lines
(aka top level decls) come by we CodeGen them. But of course we cannot
re-run initializers.

Attached patch would allow us to simply remove the initializer function
from the module and have it (and all C++ initializers) rebuilt
incrementally. I would expect the cost for regular use cases to be close
to zero.

If you can come up with a better (faster / less intrusive) way of doing
things please let me know! Otherwise I'd like to commit it.

Cheers, Axel.