[cfe-dev] [clang] declspec(property...) advice

Eric Niebler eric.niebler at gmail.com
Sun May 1 10:22:52 PDT 2011

On 5/1/2011 1:19 PM, Eric Niebler wrote:
> On 4/29/2011 10:50 PM, Francois Pichet wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Eric Niebler <eric-xT6NqnoQrPdWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>> I'm currently working on getting the front-end to eat Microsoft's
>>> __declspec(property...) extension.
>>>
>>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/yhfk0thd%28v=VS.100%29.aspx
<snip>

>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> What is the status of this patch?
>> I am testing clang against MFC code (yes really!!) and I really need
>> this extension to move forward.
>> Are you close to submitting something or do you have a partial patch at least?
>> Otherwise I am planning to go ahead and implement at least parsing
>> support for this extension.
>
> I've done this work for a client. I'll check with them and see what
> their intentions are regarding the __declspec(property(...)) work.
>
> I hope to have a more conclusive answer for you soon.

I have an update on this issue. We (BoostPro) have received the official
go-ahead from our client to make and submit a patch for our
__declspec(property(...)) work. The git guru who is putting these
patches together for us is currently on vacation, so it'll be a few
weeks before we can actually submit the patch. And it's a large patch
that is likely to need a few iterations to be acceptable to the clang
team. But rest assured that this is a priority for us.

FYI, we have the whole thing working now. Parsing, AST (including
transformation and serialization), code gen, CFG, the works.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing