[cfe-dev] AST Transformation

Grégory Ruch gregory.ruch at heig-vd.ch
Wed Mar 30 07:43:13 PDT 2011

Hi,

I want to implement a C obfucation tools that makes AST transformations.
In output I want C source or an executable it's not important. I'm new
in clang and I don't understand the complete architecture but I've got a
clear idea.

I want to use clang to build the AST. Then I will make AST
transformations with a plugin. Finally, using clang/LLVM to build the
executable or rewrite source code. I have seen the plugin example
"PrintFunctionName" and I like this principle.

I just want to know if, some of you as clang/LLVM expert, think that
it's possible or not and if it's the good or the wrong way to do AST
transformation.

I really want to start this project and I'm taking all your comments and
suggestions !

Thank you in advance for your help !

Greg