[cfe-dev] Announcing: LLVM 2.9 RC2 Testing Phase

Michel Alexandre Salim salimma at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 25 08:44:13 PDT 2011

On 03/25/2011 08:07 AM, Bill Wendling wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Well! we had a rather fruitful phase 1 testing round. Several issues were addressed. After a bit of a delay, we are ready for phase 2 testing.
>
> This phase is to make sure that no patches submitted to fix problems and complete features in phase 1 caused further difficulties. Please download the sources, compile them, and then compile as much as you can with both clang and llvm-gcc.
>
> Sources:
>
> 	clang-2.9rc2.src.tar.gz
> 	llvm-2.9rc2.src.tar.gz
> 	llvm-gcc-4.2-2.9rc2.src.tar.gz
> 	llvm-test-2.9rc2.src.tar.gz
>
> Available here:
>
> 	http://llvm.org/pre-releases/2.9/

And in Fedora's Rawhide development tree (not in our upcoming F-15
release, since third-party packages won't be ready in time for our May
release):

The RPMs should install fine on F-15, and you can always rebuild with
rpmbuild.

By the way, any reason LLVM ships with a bundled Google Test (gtest)
utility?

Thanks,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim