[cfe-dev] implementation of code completion and source code browsing for an IDE

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Fri Mar 25 04:10:29 PDT 2011

On 2011-03-24 19:53, Jared Low wrote:
> We are using Clang as our compiler, and I'm implementing code
> completion and source code browsing, including:
>
>     * goto definition
>     * find all references to functions, variables, data types, and
>       macros in project
>     * call graphs
>     * list of functions, types, macros, and variables in project and
>       each source file
>     * list of included files in each source file

Jared,

I'v been working on such a project, and most of the features from your
list above are supported. Search the list archives for "Synopsis".
Here is a recent cross-reference for Clang itself:
http://synopsis.fresco.org/clang/.

I use libclang to navigate the AST of a translation unit, and translate
it into a similar structure in Python, where I can manipulate it in
different ways, before generating output in various formats.

The project itself lives here: http://synopsis.fresco.org/

Regards,
         Stefan