[cfe-dev] Clang for Windows and Boost

Cornelius Riemenschneider cornelius.riemenschneider at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 18 13:22:10 PDT 2011

On 18.03.2011 20:50, Edward Diener wrote:
> On 3/18/2011 1:23 PM, Jean-Daniel Dupas wrote:

>>> OK, it sounds like waiting for some future version of clang on Windows
>>> with MingW is best. Good luck in making that happen. I will be a great
>>> boon for Windows programmers to be able to use clang under Windows and
>>> not just under Linux.
>>

>> It does not works only under Linux. clang also support Mac OS, FreeBSD, and lot more OSes.
>
> OK. But when it supports that OS that of course nobody uses I will
> revisit it. Good luck !
I don't know your computer and your linux skills, but you might consider
a virtualised linux, which can (at least with virtualbox) be integrated
seamless into your windows desktop, especially if you've got a dualhead
monitor (the task bar of linux can go to the 2nd monitor). This may be
preferable for you instead of dualbooting, but needs quite some RAM and
a newer machine.
Cornelius